Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rescued!

I am officially a horrible mother!!! Anne and I were having a very nice day...grocery shopping in the morning, a long walk around the block, nap, then a trip to the Pier to swim in the baby pool. So, she is very into trying to float, as she discovered she could do on her belly in the bathtub a couple days ago. Of course, she wanted to practice this in the baby pool, too, and liked going in deeper than usual, about up to her elbows. Well, we were the only ones in the pool, so it wasn't like it was hard to keep an eye on her, but before I knew it I glanced away for a second and when I looked back her head was under the water! The lifeguard and I jumped up at the same time and I grabbed her because I was pretty much right next to her. I felt pretty dumb that the 18-year-old lifeguard had to try to help me "rescue" my daughter in the baby pool. Anyhow, she didn't choke or anything so maybe she held her breath for a couple seconds. She cried for a minute (I think because the lifeguard and I scared her!) and then she kept saying "open eyes" and "I see blue". Then she was right back in the water. No big deal to her, thank goodness. Anyway, that was today's only excitement. Oh, that is unless you count sitting on the potty for an hour at bedtime (Anne, not me, just to clarify). I am not gung-ho on potty training but Anne is all about it at 8 pm. Well, since I don't have any pictures of the "near-drowning" from today, here are some pictures from yesterday. We went on a walk to the coffee shop where she played and then had fun jumping all the way home. Jumping is her absolute favorite pastime, now that she gets good air. Also, yesterday was her first day in pigtails (after a fight, let me tell you).


















































4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your new camera is serving you well! I love that third picture!

As for the pool, is it bad that I laughed reading your story? I was picturing you jumping in this super deep pool in your clothes. But seriously, I am glad Annes okay! And at least that kid was paying attention!

Clark Family said...

I feel for ya! With 2 boys I have had my share of "rescued" moments. Thankfully Ri is more of a let me think this through.. can I get hurt? Cause Owen he is my just do it kid.

thesandris said...

I love the picture of Anne jumping. Perfect timing there!

I just had Kaycee sitting on the potty. Of course we sit and nothing. Then 5 minutes later (on the tile luckily) she pees. ARGHH! She will not keep her clothes on and now she takes her diaper off too! When she woke up this morning and also from nap her diaper was off. Fun stuff!

Kristin said...

I must admit, like Jen, I laughed alittle! I love seeing pictures of all of you and reading your stories!!! The things I have to look forward too!