Saturday, August 16, 2008

Family Trip to the Zoo

Marty took off of work yesterday and we finally took a family trip to the zoo. It was a beautiful day! Anne wanted to walk rather than be in the stroller, so much of the trip was spent saying, "Let's go Anne" and "Watch where you're walking Anne" rather than actually looking at the animals. She had a couple of tantrums, of course, probably because she had woken up too early that day. Overall, it was a fun day though. Anne's favorite things about the trip were definitely crawling up into the prairie dog tubes and following the elephant tracks (which never lead to an elephant that I know of...pretty sure there aren't any at the Detroit Zoo)! I personally loved the goofy aardvark who was digging like crazy. Marty enjoyed himself complaining about how the animals are all sleeping. But the really exciting (although unfortunate) part of the trip was actually on the drive home. A tire came off of the truck next to us and literally bounced about ten times all the way across 696E over to the 696W side and then back again! It was one of the craziest things I've ever seen and we couldn't believe it didn't kill someone! My Fusion has a big ol' dent in the hood from a bolt that flew off, I'm guessing. Wonderful. Anyway, here are the zoo pics and some pics I took of my new classroom. I went into work two days this past week (what torture!) and got most of my boxes unpacked. Will need at least one day next week to finish setting up. At least it is a huge room, has windows, and I have my own refrigerator, oven & stove, and dishwasher!!!













































































2 comments:

Clark Family said...

Dave has the same gripes about the zoo. He swears that the lions are mechanical. He is usually in for only 1 visit a year. (MEN). Love the new class room.

Jennifer said...

The love the picture of you two in the tube! Too cute!!