Thursday, July 24, 2008

Almost midnight...

Well, it's pretty late (at least for me it is) but I figured I should try to write something. I was planning to upload some pictures I took of Anne today at the Farms Pier, but after searching around the house for 15 minutes for my USB cable and not finding it, I've given up on that idea. I do remember Anne fooling around with the cable earlier today, but can't remember where (yes, I'm a horrible mother! I let her play with cords!) We did have a nice day at the Pier, although the baby pool was closed when we got there and Anne threw a fit when I wouldn't let her squeeze through the barricade they'd set up. I'm sure some kid pooped in the pool but I didn't bother explaining that to Anne. Anyway, the real excitement of the day was my big purchase at Circuit City tonight! Marty gave me the go-ahead to get my birthday present early and I was out the door to get my new digital SLR camera! Not that we can really afford it, but you only have a 31st birthday once, right?! Actually, I just listed 29 textbooks (all from my graduate work at Wayne State) on half.com a few days ago, hoping for some extra cash for my new camera and four have already sold, helping me justify my camera purchase! Hopefully you will all see my photography skills improve as I beef up my blog over the next few weeks (hmm...that doesn't really sound nice, "beef up my blog"). So, for tonight, since I can't upload any pics and have no clue how to get started with my brand new camera sitting here, I'll post some pics of our excursion from last week. Marty, his mom, Anne, & I had a fun trip to the Ann Arbor Art Fair. It was Anne's first trip to U of M and she was definitely a fan! Our only purchases were some Michigan gear (hats for the Marts and I) and a cute pink hoodie for Annie. It was fun to look at art but Marty found some other "attractions" that were more his taste (see pics below, and I don't mean to offend anyone)! That's all for now!





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

lol. So that's where Marty picked up the lawn sign!!